For most PC fans, Kaby Lake i7 NUC is a perfect device. On the front panel you’ll find 2 USB 3.0 ports and the yellow one is fast charging capable. To the right from the USB ports you can find a line out/headphone connector and a power button. The two small holes are for the dual microphone array. There’s also a ring LED around the USB ports and power button that by default works as a HDD LED, so cool. Do you want to try to play the wonderful DVD videos on Kaby Lake i7 NUC? Without the DVD drive, how to do? Don’t be panic, following will tell you the answer.
Let’s have a look at the Kaby Lake i7 NUC features: We can play the DVD on Kaby Lake i7 NUC with the USB flash drive, you also can save the DVD movie in the SSD card. Next job is how to copy the DVD to digital videos and save them to USB or SSD.
- 2 slots for DDR4-2133 SO-DIMM memory, 1.2V, max. 32GB
- Normal, full-size HDMI 2.0 port
- USB Type-C Port with DisplayPort 1.2, ThunderBolt and USB 3.1
- Four USB 3.0 ports (2 on the front, 2 on the rear)
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter
- Intel Wireless-AC 8265 WiFi adapter (802.11ac, dual-band, max. 867 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.2)
- Support for M.2 SSD card (sizes 22×42 and 22×80)
- Slot for a single 2.5″ drive (SSD or HDD, max. 9.5mm thickness)
- Micro SD card reader (support SDXC cards and UHS-I)
Necessary DVD Ripper for Kaby Lake i7 NUC
In fact, this thing is not too difficult, you can get one DVD ripper which can convert the DVD to your desired videos, some latest DVDs are protected by the advanced DVDcopy protection, you need one powerful DVD ripper which can remove them. If you have not found the DVD ripper for Kaby Lake i7 NUC, I want to recommend you the Pavtube ByteCopy which is one of the best DVD ripper, it’s also an excellent Blu-ray ripper, you can own it on the Windows and Mac OS, with the high stability, you don’t worry about the software interruption issue.
This DVD ripper supports the DVD disc, DVD ISO and IFO images, DVD folder, you can remove the most DVD copy protection in this software, such as: DVD region code 1/2/3/4/5/6, DVD CSS protection, DVD UOPS protection, etc. You can rip and convert the DVD to your desired video formats with the high quality, like the HD MP4, HD AVI, HD WMV, etc. Do your TV can support the 3D videos? If it’s, you can get the multiple 3D videos from the common DVDs with the perfect 3D feects, like the 3D Side-by-Side, 3D Anaglyph, 3D Top-Bottom.
Except the video formats, you also can adjust the video parameters to the best, like the video codec, audio codec which often affect the video smooth playback, you also can adjust the video resolution and get the videos with different video quality, you can get the HD videos with 1080p video resolution or the 4K video with the 3840p video resolution. You also can change the audio channels for better hearing effect.
Step by Step to Convert the DVD for Kaby Lake i7 NUC
Step 1. Load the DVD
Run the DVD ripper on the computer, with the user-friendly interface, you will master this software within 3 minutes. You can click “File” > “Load from disc” to load DVD into the program, you also can drag the DVD to it directly. When both DVD disc exists, the program will detect the main title automatically. You also can import the DVD IFO and ISO images and folder to it.
Step 2. Choose output video formats
Click Format button and 300+ videos are ready for you, you can choose the videos from the Common Video, like the H.264, H265, MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, etc, you also can select the videos from the HD Video. If you want to get the best video “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)” is the best option for you. You also can choose other audio track videos, like the audio track MP4, MOV, etc.
You also can choose the 3D MP4, 3D AVI, 3D WMV from the 3D Video and choose the desired 3D effect.
If necessary, you can adjust the video and audio related parameters for better video compatibility, you can adjust the video and audio codec, adjust the video frame, video bitrate, especially the video resolution which decides the different video quality.
- SD video has a resolution of 720×480 or fewer pixels (720×576 for PAL). DVDs, small web videos, and most analog sources are SD.
- 720p HD video has a resolution of 1280×720 pixels. With three times the resolution of SD, and about half that of 1080p HD, 720p HD is commonly used by consumer video cameras, web videos, and broadcast TV sports.
- 1080p HD video has a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels—twice the resolution of 720p and six times the resolution of 480p. 1080p HD video is commonly used by mobile phones and tablets, consumer and professional video cameras, and Blu-ray.
- 2160p UHD video has a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels and is four times the resolution of 1080p. 4K video is used by high-end mobile phones and tablets, consumer and professional video cameras, and 4K Blu-ray.
Step 3. Start the video conversion
After the video option is done, go back to the main interface and press the Convert button to start the DVD ripping process. This software will finish all the settings you have done.
When you get the converted DVD videos, you can save them in USB or the SSD, then insert the USB or the SSD to Kaby Lake i7 NUC for playback. By the way, you also can play the Blu-ray disc on Kaby Lake i7 NUC with the same way.