“Can I play a DVD movie through a USB Thumbdrive? I was planning on downloading a movie torrent that is a DVD and I wanted to know if I can put it on a USB Thumbdrive and play it through my Xbox 360 without messing anything up?”
“I have played regular movies through my friends USB. I was just wondering if I could play a DVD movie on TV from my USB Thumbdrive. Can you help?”
Nowadays many users want to put DVD disc movies on USB Thumbdrive, because nearly all released HDTVs, HD Media Players, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, computer can read video files from USB, in this way, you don’t need a DVD player connected, it is so convenient.
Searching high and low online, I finally got some tips and ticks for getting all my DVDs into USB. It is easy to transfer DVD collection to USB Thumbdrive, what you need is to rip DVD into USB Thumbdrive friendly format like MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, etc.
There’s all kinds of different DVD ripping software out there (some free, some not) with a variety of different options. Among them, I found Pavtube DVDAid which can be taken as a powerful yet easy-to-use DVD to USB converter software to rip purchased copy-protected DVD to USB-compatible format like MKV, AVI, MP4, etc. in good quality and high speed with a wink, and even extract MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG, etc. audio from DVD movies, then you can put converted videos to USB for watching freely. Now you can free download it and follow the easy steps below to convert DVD to USB Thumbdrive with a few mouse clicks.
How to rip DVD to USB Thumbdrive for watching?
Step 1: Add the DVD movies
Insert your DVD disc to the drive, then launch the DVD to USB Thumbdrive Ripper(Mac version is here) and click the “Load DVD” button to select and load the DVD movies you want to store on your USB Thumbdrive. VIDEO_TS folder, ISO and IFO files are also supported. After the DVD movie is loaded, you can preview it on the right viewing window and adjust volume or take snapshots freely.
Tips: You can click on the dropdown list of “Subtitles” to select your needed subtitles so that you can view DVD movies with proper subtitles.
Step 2: Decide output format
Click the “Format” -> “Common Video” or “HD Video” option, and choose MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. formats recognized by USB Thumbdrive as output format.
1. The output format is preferably in a common format, like MP3 for audio, MP4 for video. The more common format you use, the more devices you can copy to. For example, if you use FLAC instead of MP3 for your music, you can’t stream to your Xbox One/360. Just keep in mind that not all devices support all formats of media.
2. With the right settings you can retain the quality of the original DVD while also saving space. This is particularly helpful when streaming over your network, depending on your network quality. Simply click “Settings” bar and you can tweak the settings to your satisfaction and even save it as preset.
Step 3: Convert DVD to USB Thumbdrive
Click the “Convert” button under the preview window, and the DVD ripper will start the conversion from DVD movies to USB Thumbdrive. This will take a while, depends on the encoding settings, hardware of your PC/Mac computer and the length of the DVD file.
After the conversion completed successfully, drop the ripped DVD file into USB Thumbdrive easily. Now, you can watch DVD movies via USB Thumbdrive on your HD TV, Apple TV, Xbox 360/One, Roku, computer tablets or smartphones both home and away.
How do I copy or transfer files to my USB Thumbdrive? There are several methods of transferring files to or from a removable disk.
- Copy and Paste
- Drag and Drop
- Send To
- Copy and Paste using keyboard shortcuts
Read this article to learn details.
- Place H.265/HEVC files to NAS for Streaming
- Convert Blu-ray to USB Type-C for using on Mac
- Make YouTube MP4 playable on Panasonic DVD player
- How to watch videos and movies on Roku 3?
- Get Blu-ray movies to NAS server for Streaming