We’re all enjoy watching hottest Blu-ray movies at our fingertips on our smart phones or stream right to big screen HD TV in living room via Internet connection. However, you’ve probably got some Blu-rays lying around the house which you’d like to copy the content of those Blu-rays to your Mac. This guide will lead you copy Blu-ray to Hard Drive and Backup Blu-ray disc to Mac hard drive for play Blu ray Flexibly.
More Situations We Need to Copy Blu-ray to Hard drive
First of all, copy Blu-ray to computer hard drive is simply for creating digital backup of your BD disc. It will prevent your Blu-ray from scratching, cracking and other physical damages even lost. Do you know there are more than 80% DVD owners will make backup of their DVD? So you need if you have Blu-ray.
Secondly, 1:1 copy Blu-ray to hard drive feature enables you to keep original BDAV M2TS audio track, subtitle track, video track (for multi-angle BDAVs), and menu. If your hard drive is not quite spacy, then by reducing useless subtitle or audio tracks, you can save more Blu-ray movies on computer.
After then, if you simply preserve your Blu-ray movie into BD disc, you will be embarrassed by variety of Blu-ray protections, such as BD ROM Mark and BD+. They will prevent you from copies and playback of your own Blu-ray Discs. But after remove these protective measures and Decrypt Blu-ray to hard drive, you can play and enjoy BD movies on your computer whenever wherever you please.
Warm Tip: Please make sure that all the DVD/Blu-ray ripping are just for personal use. The law may allow your backup but don’t allow you to spread the backed up content or use the backed up content in commercial occasion.
Get The Top Blu-ray to Hard Drive Ripper for macOS High Sierra
First, you need a best Blu-ray Ripper that can be compatible with macOS High Sierra, and have ability to handle with all the Blu-rays under macOS High Sierra, here Blu-ray Ripper comes out – Pavtube BDMagic for Mac<review>, It is one of the best Blu-ray Ripper for macOS High Sierra, with ability to crack Blu-ray anti-copying system AACS and other similar built-in protections that prevent straight-up copying. With this Powerful Blu-ray Ripper, you can do the things included but not limited to below:
Features: Supports the latest Mac OS –macOS High Sierra/Mac OS X El Capitan:
* Play any 2D/3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder, Blu-ray ISO image file and any video/audio file to Hard Drive on macOS High Sierra
* 1:1 backup Blu-ray with original video structure
* Copy Blu-ray main title to remove extra information and advertisement >>Full Copy Blu-ray Main Movie
* Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback
* Convert Blu-ray to iPhone 6S, Surface Pro 4, Galaxy Note 5, iPad Pro etc optimized preset.
* Migrate Blu-ray/DVD to NAS, Seagate Wireless Plus, WD MyCloud and other personal cloud storage in Home Theater.
* Bring you life like audio effect with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD codecs
* Quickly load and start your Blu-ray movie playing
* Improve your movie watching experience with user-friendly design
Free Download This top Blu-ray to Hard Drive Ripper for macOS High Sierra:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
Getting the Hardware
* Enough hard drive space to hold the ripped Blu-ray movie files. The size of a Blu-ray can vary from anything from 25GB to even 50 GB, so whether you want to copy Blu-ray to the Mac & PC computer or backup on an external hard drive for later use, ensure you have got enough amount of free hard drive space <Learn: Compress 50GB Blu-ray to 25GB>.
* Blu-ray optical drive. Obviously, you must have a BD drive capable of reading data on a Blu-ray disc. Since Mac OS X doesn’t ship with an optical drive any more, to make a copy of your Blu-ray movies and save on your Mac you’ll need to buy an external USB Blu-ray drive. For Windows users, you may check if your computer comes with a BD drive by default, or else get one.
Note, if you want to rip the Blu-ray to (external) hard drive as ISO file, please refer to Blu-ray Copy <Learn: Play Blu-ray ISO Image Smoothly>.
Step-by-Step Guide: Rip Blu-ray to Hard Drive for Media Server Via macOS High Sierra
Here we take Mac OS Sierra Blu-ray Ripper screenshot, Windows Blu-ray Ripper share the same steps besides the tiny difference in interface.
Step 1: Add Blu-ray movies
Click the disc button to import your Blu-ray movies to the program. Blu-ray folder and ISO image files are supported as well. As you can see, you can preview the loaded Blu-ray files in the right preview window and select Blu-ray audio track/subtitle.
Tip: Before loading Blu-ray content, a BD drive is needed and pls keep networked, if you want to backup Blu-ray to Hard Drive, you can either choose “Copy the entire disc” or “Copy Blu-ray Main Movie”.
Step 2. Select the output format
Press on “Format” button to open the drop-down list. Click Format bar to get the format list and select a proper export format. If you just want to put the Blu-ray and DVD rips to Home Network, NAS and some other centralized location, you can simply choose MP4 in “Common Video” and “HD Video”> H.264 MP4, MPEG-4 are the proper choice.
Here you should choose the output format according to the ultimate usage.
A: If you want to transfer Blu-ray and DVD to iPhone, iPad, you can select the target format in “iPhone”/”iPad” profile.
B: If you stream the Blu-ray and DVD rips on TV, you can choose “TVS” profile.
Step 3: Start Ripping Blu-ray to Hard Drive
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the Blu-ray ripper will start the conversion from Blu-ray movies to Hard Drive.
Once the conversion finished, get the ripped Blu-ray files onto Hard Drive easily. Now you can stream Blu-ray movies through Hard Drive to Google TV, iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, PS4, or other connected devices from Mac for great enjoyement (MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac, Mac Pro, etc included).
That’s all! Hope this article will teach you decrypt your own Blu-ray to Hard Drive through Mac for playback BD elsewhere.
You May Be Interested in This Item：
> All-in-one Video Converter, DVD Ripper, Blu-ray Ripper, DVD/Blu-ray Copy software and Video Editor for Mac OS Sierra/Windows 10.