In near future, HEVC will be used by almost every content. It is a matter of decision for service whether to send data using HEVC/H.265 instead of MPEG-4/H.264. . HEVC doubles the data compression ratio compared to H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality. That is the compressed video file will be half the size of the video file compressed with H.264. This H.265/HEVC also can support 4K and 8K Ultra High Definition video, with a picture size up to 8192×4320 pixels.
More Attractive Features of H.265/HEVC Codec:
* H.265 is also known as ISO/IEC 23008-2 MPEG-H Part 2 and ITU-T H.265
* It provides superior video quality and up to twice the data compression as the previous standard (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)
* HEVC can support 8K Ultra High Definition video, with a picture size up to 8192×4320 pixels
A lot of users want to convert their video files to H.265 format since it’s the best format for video experience. In order to convert different video files like H.264, MPEG-4, MKV, VOB, FLV, F4V, WMV, Tivo, MP4, MOV, MPG, WebM and others to H.265 (HEVC), you will need to have a reliable H.265/HEVC Video Converter to do the job. You can also convert H.265 files to other formats, too.
Hot Search: H.265 video to Roku 3 via Plex | H.265/HEVC files to NAS | Convert H.265/HEVC files on Win | DVDs to H.265 MP4 |
Top Videos to H.265 (HEVC) MP4 Converter for You
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate(Mac version)
Overall the video converting software you are familiar with, this Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is mostly recommended. It not only support input/output AVI, MP4, MPEG, WMV, XviD, H.264, DAT, VB, MOV and many other formats, but you can also rip protected/unprotected commercial Blu-rays and DVDs. What’s more, related to the topic in this page, just like the two other mentioned above, H.265/HEVC is also supported to encode and encode well. (Learn more>>)
Reference Guide:Convert H.265 Video for Playing on media player with Windows 10
Notes: Due to the specific ability of handing all videos or DVDs/Blu-rays well, it’s price will be a litter more expensive than others. You may need to make a better choice as you need.
Free Download Top Video to H.265 Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Step 1: Download this Videos to H.265 Converter, there is no time limitation or bundle apps in the install package.
Step 2: Click the “File”> “Add Video/Audio” to load your original H.265/HEVC HD videos flawlessly.
Step 3: Click the format bar to choose “Common Video” > “H.265 Video(*.mp4)” or “HD Video”>”H.265 HD Video (*.mp4)” as your output format.
H.265 can compressed your files into a much smaller file size while the quality is better than H.264. Since HEVC doubles the data compression ratio compared to H.264 or MPEG-4 AVC at the same level of video quality, it will need long time for encoding.
Step 3：You can choose to go to the “Settings” UI to do some adjust of your parameters or just keep the presets to reduce the quality drop.
Tips: Before converting, some simple edits can be done with the build-in editor, such as trim, crop, add subtitles, add image/text watermark may also very convenient.
Step 4: After all have been settled, back to the main UI and click this “Convert” to start your H.264/AVC MP4 conversion. Don’t forget to set your file location with enough space to store your converted files. After conversion, click “Open” to get your generated H.265/HEVC MP4 files for playback.
Also get your DVD into H.265 MP4 or prepare a H.264 encoder as you like.
How to Play H.265(HEVC) videos?
Here is a list of the top 2 players that can play HEVC files:
1. DivX Player
DivX player is another robust HEVC video file player. It is an award winning software that offers HEVC playback. It offers high-quality playback of movies, TV shows. It supports almost all the popular formats like AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4 and more. By using its DivX Media Server one can stream music, video and photos to any DLNA-compatible device at home like PS3, XBOX, or Samsung Galaxy line of product. With the Stream To feature in player user can also control which device they can stream their videos to.
The salient features of DivX Player are:
- It supports video up to 4K.
- Supports multi-language subtitle and easy switching between the subtitles.
- Supports multiple audio tracks.
- Smooth FF/RW allows quick navigation to the desired scene.
- Can access different scenes with just the push of button.
- Can stream videos, music and photos to any DLNA-compatible device.
- Can keep track of the purchased DivX content.
2. VLC Media Player
Another player that can play HEVC file is the VLC Media Player, which is a free and open source player and framework. It supports a wide range of multimedia files. It can also play DVDs and various streaming protocols.
The salient features of VLC media player are as bellows:
- It is simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays most codecs MPEG, DivX, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 and many more
- It runs on all platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix.
- It can perform media conversion and streaming
- Absolutely free
- No spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
Now you can experience the H.265/HEVC videos on your H.265 video player!
Much wonderful software bundled with Video Converter Ultimate will provide you more amazing experience in converting videos. Go to Money Saving Software Bundles to get special offer for more software, such as ByteCopy + Video Converter Ultimate = Only $79.9, Save $27.1, Video Converter Ultimate($65) + ChewTune($29) = Only $74.9, Save $19.1 and so on.
- Enjoy H.265/HEVC 4K movie on Ultra HD TV
- Support Encoding Blu-ray/DVD/Video to ProRes on Windows 10/8.1/8
- Can I play Samsung NX1 H.265 movie on TV via USB?
- Rip DVD to Roku 4 in H.265 MP4/MKV for Samsung 4K TV
- Put MKV/AVI/VOB/ISO/Tivo/H.265 on Sony Xperia Z6