Roku 4 comes with a faster quad core processor, supports 4K UHD HEVC and 4K UHD VP9 video playback up to respectively 2160p60 and 2160p30, and includes a new version of Roku operating systems. After you got the new Roku 4 player at home, most users primarily use it to stream Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. Ever though of playing VOB in Roku using the USB port with a flash drive or external hard drive for HDTV. >> Apple TV 4 vs Roku 4.
The Roku 4 only supports H.264 MKV and MP4/M4V video. To play VOB media files through Roku 4, you’ll need to encode/re-encode it first. Here is how.
Here Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is what you are looking for which has the ability to convert Blu-ray, DVD and VOB to Roku 4/3/2 friendly MP4, MKV without quality loss. In addition to converting VOB to Roku formats, it can also convert among more than one hundred videos formats including AVI, MXF, MTS, MVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MPG, MKV to Rokusupported video formats. Here is review.
Besides that, It supports to convert multiple video formats to another format for popular portable devices with fast conversion speed without any quality loss. And you can edit the videos such as merge multiple videos into one, trim, crop, add watermarks including image, text and videos and so on. For Mac users, iMedia Converter for Mac is a helpful app to encode videos for further usage.
Free Download and trail Top VOB to Roku 4 Converter:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Good News! To thanks for your continuous support, Pavtube Official Website and Pavtube Facebook are now holding the biggest sale for this Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday Holiday Cyber Monday Crazy Promotion with fantastic 50% off discounts and giveaway. Pay less to get powerful Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter to build your own home media center on your becoming Christmas!
Get VOB Files to Roku 4 for HDTV playback easily
1. Import VOB files to Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate.
a. Click “Load files(s)” to import DVDs and Blu-rays. Note you need to have an external Blu-ray drive if you want to rip Blu-rays. Keep Internet connected during importing.
b. Click “ISO/IFO” to load Blu-ray and DVD ISO files.
c. Click “Add Video” button to import original files or drag and drop the original VOB files to the software directly. You can also Load MKV/M2TS/FLV/WMV/F4V etc.
2. Choose format for streaming via Roku 4.
Click “Format” dropdown list to choose “MKV HD Video (*.mkv)” or “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)” under “HD Video” option as Roku 4 compatible video. H.264 MP4 will create high quality files and generate big file size. If you need a smaller file, “MPEG-4 HD Video (*.mp4)” is also offered.
Note: You can choose the output format according to your TV brand in TVs profile. Here, we choose “Sony TV(*mp4)” as the output format for Sony HD TV.
Tip: Click “Settings” button to adjust video and audio parameters like bitrate, size, audio channels, etc to meet your requirement.
3. (Optional) Edit videos.
Click “Edit” icon to edit the videos. You can “Trim” it to cut out the undesired part or cut off the annoying black edges with “Crop” option. Add image, text, or video watermark will help to customize the videos. And so on.
4. Convert VOB Videos for steaming.
Click “Convert” button to start converting your VOB for streaming to Roku 4 via Plex. If you do not like the default path for output files, you can click “Browse” button to find a new folder before conversion. Once the conversion is finished, click “Open” button to get the generated files quickly.
With this best movie converter for Roku, you can enjoy VOB movies with Roku 4, Roku 3, Roku 2 with ease.
How to Play Movies on Your Roku 4 from a USB Drive for HDTV
1) Install the Roku Media Player channel, either through the Channel Store on your Roku or via Roku’s website.
2) Add the video file to your external USB drive from your computer. The Roku 4 can play MKV, MP4 and MOV files.
3) Connect the USB drive to the Roku 4′s USB port, located on the right side of the box.
4) Launch the Roku Media Player channel and select Videos.
5) Choose the drive that’s attached to the Roku 4.
6) Navigate to the folder that has the video file you want to watch. Click OK to open the folder.
7) Select the video to watch and click Play on the remote.
You can also use the Roku Media Player channel to listen to music or view photos from a USB drive. Play an entire folder of music files by pressing Play on the remote while on a folder, or navigate to a specific track to play only that song. For photos, you can start a slideshow by pressing play while on a folder of photos.
- Put 4K Blu-ray for 4K TV Playback via Roku 4 on Mac El Capitan
- Enjoy Blu-ray to H.265/HEVC MP4 for Roku 4 on 4KTV
- Play DVD/ISO on Roku 3 via Synology with DLNA
- Enjoy H.265/HEVC 4K movie on Ultra HD TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Roku?