Western Digital is well known to the average consumer as a hard drive manufacturer. By extension, it also opens up the network-attached storage (NAS) market to them. while the EX 2-bay and 4-bay units targeted prosumers and small office / home office (SOHO) installations. For business users, the DL series was introduced earlier this year. A few weeks back, Western Digital announced an updated operating system for the My Cloud units – My Cloud OS 3. Along with that, the My Cloud Mirror Gen 2 was also introduced.
If you are a big DVD owner, why not try to adding your DVD collection to WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) External Hard Drive for sharing with your friends online. Now learn the step-by-step guide on rip and stream DVD to WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2).
Tips for Backup Movies: Store 300+ DVDs on Synology | iTunes Videos to NAS | DVD to 25 terabyte Drobo DAS | Blu-ray on RAID 1 network drive |
First download and install Pavtube ByteCopy:
As you know, WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) can support a wide range of format like MP4, MOV, AVI, due to the reason of lacking DVD drive, WD 6TB My Cloud can not meet the demands of put DVD discs online. To achieve this goal, an easy-to-use DVD Converter is the key. The recommended Pavtube ByteCopy is capable of ripping DVD to MP4, AVI, MKV for WD 6TB My Cloud streaming with no quality loss; it also enables you to copy DVD main movies for backup onto WD 6TB My Cloud in .vob format. Here is the reivew.
If you are a Mac user, please turn to Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac. This program has updated to support Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite 10.10/10.9 and Mavericks 10.9.
Guide on ripping DVD collection to WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror Gen 2
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
Step 1. Load DVD movie
Free download Pavtube ByteCopy, install and launch it in your PC. Insert DVD into disc drive, click the “Load file(s)” button, and browse to disc drive to import the DVD movie.
Step 2. Choose an output format
Just click “Format” bar, you will see a lot of options. You can choose MP4 or MKV from “Common Video”, “HD Video”for WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2).
Step 3. Convert DVD to WD 6TB My Cloud
After all settings, click convert button to rip/convert DVDs to optimized format for WD 6TB My Cloud.
Once you’ve liberated your DVD movie library, you’ll make it available for viewing anytime, anywhere just with the help of your WD 6TB My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2). Learn >> Other ways of Store DVDs to WD My Cloud.
More features in ByteCopy:
* Full Disc Copy can 1:1 backup the whole Blu-ray/DVD disc with original structure including chapter markers.
* Directly Copy will backup 100% intact Blu-ray main movie with all the multiple tracks excluding menu.
* Contain all the features of Blu-ray Ripper: rip and convert latest Blu-ray/DVD to various video formats for playback or editing, edit the video before conversion including trim, crop, effect, etc, add *sst and *ass subtitle into video part and so on.
Good News! To thanks for your continuous support, Pavtube Official Website and Pavtube Facebook are now holding the biggest sale for this Weekend with fantastic 35% off discounts and giveaway. Pay less to get powerful Blu-ray/DVD/Video Converter to build your own home media center on this Weekend of Nov.13~Nov.20 2015!
- Ways to Backup iTunes Videos for Playback in any Device
- Backup Netflix DVD Rentals for Sony TV Playback
- Rip Blu-ray to MKV for Seagate Personal Cloud
- How to Import a DVD to play on iPad Pro?
- Backup Blu-ray/DVD to Drobo DAS Device