MP4 is a multimedia container format with many kinds of video and audio codecs. If your MP4 file contains a VLC unsupported audio or video codec, VLC won’t play it. Check out the VLC supported Video/Audio format of the media player. Then, what to do if you want to open and play all MP4 files with VLC? Here, we offers you a solution to help you solve the “MP4 cannot playback on VLC” issues.
- Hot Search: Play H.265 on VLC | VLC Files to MP4 | ISO to VLC | Blu-ray to M3U8 for VLC | 4K Videos to VLC | Alternatives to VLC for Android
Best Simple Solution about Converting MP4 on VLC Media Player for Playback
Well, here gives a simple solution to solve this issue. Just cast aside VLC and turn to Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate which is specially designed for solving the VLC MP4 issues like “the MP4 file maybe corrupt”, “the video codec might be wrong” and also can help you play AVCHD, MKV, VOB, AVI, ASF, MPEG-2, etc on VLC. (Here is review).
Besides H.264 MP4/MKV, it also can help you to encode MP4 to H.265 MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, M3U8, etc. And you can add watermarks, effects, subtitles to you own customized videos or trim, crop them to make them more amazing than ever. Now just download it and follow the steps below to finish the conversion. For Mac users, you can turn to iMedia Converter for Mac to encode videos for further usage (including Mac OS Sierra and El Capitan).
Why Convert MP4 Video Formats for VLC Media Player?
– To reduce size of the videos while maintaining the quality.
– For use of standard formats which are widely popular.
– For use in special devices like television and video players that support certain formats only.
– For ease of sharing with others.
– To import in video editing software which only supports a limited number of formats.
– For support in mobile devices like iPhone, iPod, Android devices, Windows phone and others.
Step by Step Guide on How to Convert MP4 to VLC Support Format
Step 1: Load MP4 Files
Click the “Add File” button to add MP4 files which are not playable in VLC player to this VLC Converter app. Batch conversion is also supported.
Tip: You can add multiple files to the queue and transcode them all at one time.
Step 2: Set output format
Click format you choose MP4/MKV from “Common Video” or “HD Video” as target format. To convert MP4 to VLC supported audio format, select VLC compatible audio from “Common Audio” Category.
Tips: Surely in the “Settings”button, you can adjust video and audio settings, including codec, bitrates, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. You can adjust video size to 1920*1080.
Step 3. Convert MP4 to VLC friendly format
Now, simply click the big green arrow Start Conversion button to start and finish MP4 to VLC conversion with fast speed and high output quality. Then just load the converted files to VLC, just enjoy freely.