Since the Minix released their Neo U9-H, many 4K fans love this device in deep. For Blu-ray collectors, how to connect the Blu-ray with the Minix Neo U9-H? Can you enjoy the multiple Blu-ray movies on Minix Neo U9-H? From the Minix Neo U9-H official information, we know that Neo U9-H supports the Dolby Audio, H.265/HEVC video (High Efficiency Video Coding, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, is a video compression standard). Why not try to convert Blu-ray to HEVC for streaming on Neo U9-H, even you can get the 4K HEVC video playback on Neo U9-H, a perfect connnection. This post will show you 2 ways to convert Blu-ray to HEVC for Neo U9-H.
Method 1: Convert Blu-ray to HEVC for Neo U9-H with Handbrake
Realize this great idea, you need one Blu-ray to HEVC converter. As the popular Blu-ray ripper, Handbrake you can consider, because the Handbrake can support the H.265 MP4 video, but if you collect the latest Blu-ray movies which are most protected by Blu-ray region code, CSS, UOPs, etc, you may need to choose other Blu-ray ripper, Handbrake only can support the unprotected Blu-ray movies. At the same time, you can’t get the 4K HEVC video, only can get the HD HEVD video. If you don’t care these, you can try to convert Blu-ray to HEVC with Handbrake.
1. Lauch Handbrake on your computer, Input the DVD file you want to be transcoded by clicking the large Source button and then File (clicking Folder allows you to easily set up batch encodes). Then set a destination by browsing to whatever folder you desire.
2. Click the “Video” tab, change the video codec from H.264 to H.265 (x265). Also make sure to change the container from MP4 to MKV so that you can embed subtitles if you want to.
3. You can optimize output H.265 video preset: In the Video tab you’ll want to select some specific settings. Make sure framerate is set to ‘same as source’ and that the ‘Use advanced video tab instead’ box is unchecked. Then, select an x265 preset of Medium by adjusting the slider down from the default Ultrafast setting. You can adjust the encode time and file size, video resolution, video frame, etc.
4. Click Start and let the encode happen, which may take a considerable amount of time depending on your hardware. After the encode is done, text saying’finished’ will appear in the bottom left corner.
Method 2: Convert Blu-ray to HEVC for Neo U9-H with Bytecopy
Bytecopy for Mac (masOS High Sierra) is the professional Blu-ray to HEVC converter for Minix Neo U9-H , you can load the Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray IFO image, Blu-ray folder to this software easily, you don’t worry about the Blu-ray copy protection, like the AACS, BD+, RC, BD-Live, UOPs Blu-ray protection, Blu-ray region code and so on.
You not only can convert Blu-ray to HEVC easily, at the same time, you also can get the perfect 4K video from the common Blu-ray disc, or get the digital 4K video form the 4K Blu-ray disc. Like the H.265 MP4, H.265 MKV, H.264 4K MP4. Foe 3D fans, you can get the free 3D video frm the common Blu-ray with different 3D video effect: Top-Bottom, Side-by-Side, etc. You can adjust the video parameters: video and audio codec, video frame, video resolution, video bitrate, etc. Even you can change the audio channel for special hearing. More information is in this Blu-ray ripper review for Mac.
How to Copy DVD/BD For Minix Neo U9-H
1. Open this Blu-ray copy software, you can clic File and choose “Load from disc” to load the Blu-ray disc, you can also drag the disc to the software quickly. Once you import the disc to it, this software can detect the disc main title directly. You can choose the forced subtitle which is at the bottom of the interface, also you can choose the forced languages.
2. Click the Format, you can find 300+ video formats at here, you can find the H.265 video form the HD Video quickly, you also can look for other excellent video format for playback, such as: Multi-track MKV video whcihc an keep all the Blu-ray audio tracks, subtitles, chapters, you also can remove some of them you don’t want.
- Get the 3D video from Blu-ray by choosing the 3D Video. Then you can watch the 3D video on Gear VR , PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift CV1, Google Cardboard, etc,
- Convert Blu-ray to 4K video for 4K TV, game console: PS4 Pro, Xbox One, etc.
For better video compatibility, at the video setting profile, you can adjust the H.265 video frame, video resolution, video bitrate. We know the Minix Neo U9-H supports the Dolby Audio, you can change the audio channels. Also you can reduce the video resolution from the 4K video to HD video if you want.
3. When you finish above steps, go back to the main interface, press the right-bottom “Convert” button to start the Blu-ray to HEVC conversion. When you get the desired HEVC video files result, you can watch the Blu-ray movie on Minix Neo U9-H by Kodi smoothly.
You can choose tool you want, they are all easy to use, just 3 or 4 clicks, you can get the HEVC video files from Blu-ray disc effortlessly, then you cna save them to the USB flash drive for playing on Minix Neo U9-H. Thank for your time, really hope this post is useful for you.